‘Superfoods’, What are they?
No one food can single-handedly improve a poordiet. But certain foods do provide greater health benefits than most. Superfoods are nutrients powerhouses that have large amount of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Superfoods increase energy and vitality, regulate cholesterol and blood pressure and may help to prevent or fight cancer and other diseases. Some superfoods are:
- Berries- great source of fibre
- Eggs- high quality protein
- Beans- plant-based source of iron
- Nuts- heart-healthy unsaturated fats
- Oranges- source of vitamin C, A and K
- Spinach- vitamin A, C and K; as well as some fibre, iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium
- Yogurt- vitamins and minerals
A superfood can essentially be classified as any food item that contains extremely dense concentration of vital nutrients and other healthy properties to prevent diseases.
So, add superfoods to your diet and stay healthy.